* 1988: Doctorat d'Etat in Linguistics and Philosophy. University of Paris IV
* 1985-87: Full-time researcher (CR2) in Pragmatics (CNRS, Paris)
* 1997-8: Research Fellow. Pembroke College, Oxford.
* 1998-9: Lecturer.University of Swansea.
* 1999- : Lecturer. University of Manchester.
* 2006: Senior Lecturer, University of Manchester
I have held research fellowships from the Fulbright Program, Pembroke College, Oxford and the Rockefeller Foundation.
Undergraduate: Introduction to the study of meaning; coherence in discourse; applied linguistics: argumentative strategies.
Postgraduate level: Argumentation Theory, literary translation (practice). Speech Act Theory - Context construction.