- NIHR Research Professor
- Professor of Clinical Psychology, The University of Manchester
- Honorary Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- co-Director, Complex Trauma and Resilience Research Unit, Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Lead, Centre for New Treatments and Understanding in Mental Health, The University of Manchester
- Director, Affigo CiC (https://www.affigo.io/)
- Editor-in-Chief, Psychology and Psychotherapy, Theory, Research and Practice (a journal of The British Psychological Society) (https://bpspsychub.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/20448341)
Professor Bucci's primary reserach interests are in developing digital care pathways and using digital remote monitoring and intervention methods to improve detection and treatment of severe mental health problems. She is also interested in understanding the psychological and social mechanisms involved in the development and maintenance of severe mental health problems. She supervises a range of postgraduate reserach students, and is involved in supervising and training NHS clinicians working in secondary care services.
Sandra Bucci (ClinPsyD) is an NIHR Research Professor, Professor of Clinical Psychology at the University of Manchester, Honorary Consultant Clinical Psychologist at Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (GMMH), co-Director of the Complex Trauma and Resilience Research Unit (GMMH), Lead for the Centre for New Treatments and Understanding in Mental Health at the University of Manchester, Director of Affigo CiC, and Editor of the British Psychological Society journal Psychology and Psychotherapy, Theory, Research and Practice.
She completed her clinical training at The University of Newcastle, Australia and initially worked as a clinical psychologist at an Early Intervention Service in Newcastle, Australia for a number of years before moving to the UK and taking up a clinical academic role at the University of Mancehster and Complex Cases Team, GMMH. She leads a programme of research focused on developing digital solutions for people with severe mental health problems and manages a portfolio of research funded by the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR), the Wellcome Trust and the Medical Research Council.
Memberships of committees and professional bodies
Member, Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), Australia
Member, Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), UK
Member, British Psychological Society, UK
Fellow, Higher Education Academy (FHEA), UK (2012)
External Examiner, Belnded PhD programme, Lancaster University2018
Editor-in-Chief, Psychology and Psychotherapy: Theory, Research and Practice , The British Psychological Society (BPS)2017
External Examiner, ClinPsyD programme, University of Edinburgh2017
Honorary Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust2016