I work three days a week for the university on a teaching focused contract.
Public health education & research:
- Teaching and development for the Online Distance Learning Postgraduate Programme in Public Health and Primary Care including:
- - course unit leader "Information, Impact and Evaluation" and "Dissertation Unit"; course tutor "Evidence Based Practice"; curriculum mapping and review; exam boards; general management
- Staff teaching and support
- Leading on a teaching & education curriculum review for Public Health
- Pedagogical research examining the impact of current and future education and skills development for public health workers.
- Faculty Dissertation Working Group - developing parity across postgraduate programmes
University & beyond
In Spring, 2014 I was nominated to the university Senate Committee
- Active committee member of the:
- Manchester Distance Learning Network
- Evidence Synthesis Network
- Co-founder (January 2014) of the North West Evaluation of Learners' Experiences of e-learning Special Interest Group
Higher Education Academy:
- Academic Associate
- Public Health Technical Advisor
- Reviewer for the National Teaching Fellowship Scheme
Associate Editor for Frontiers in Public Health
On the review panel for: Journal of Public Health; Public Health; Health & Place, Journal of Public Health Nutrition
BA (Hons) Public Administration. De Montfort University.
Certificate in Health Services Management. Open University.
PG.Dip. Psychosynthesis Counselling. University of East London.
MPhil. Epidemiology & Health Services Research. University of Manchester.
MPHe. Master in Public Health Evidence. University of Manchester.
PhD. Epidemiology & Health Services Research. University of Manchester.
Memberships of committees and professional bodies
In March 2014 I was delighted to receive the Award of Distinction with Honorary Membership of the UK Faculty of Public Health (Hon MFPH)
Working with colleagues in Liverpool, I am a co-founder of the North West Evaluation of Learners' Experiences of e-learning Specialist Interest Group (NWELESIG), wining a network grant from the national ELESIG.