Recent and forthcoming research seminar presentations are listed below. For copies request by email.
1) The Growth of the Public Sector in Britain 1870-2010. Conference on the Economic History of Britain 1700-2010, University of Oxford, March 2012..
2) State enterprise in the West 1830-2000, Chinese State Enterprise Reform Group, Manchester, October 2010.
3) Public Enterprise in the Modern Western World: An Historical Analysis, University of Milan, European Economy Workshop, June 2010.
4) Ideology or geo-politics?: International differences in business-state relationships c 1830-1990", University of Glasgow, October 2009
5) "Geo-politics versus market structure interventions in Europe s infrastructure industries c. 1830-1939", International Economic History Conference, Utrecht, August 2009.
6) "The institutional economic history of infrastructure industries c1830-1990", Conference on Competition and Regulation of Network Industries, Brussels, November 2008.
7) "The Nature of State Enterprise in Britain c. 1900-64", Conference on the Economic History of State Enterprise in Italy and Britain , Rome, May 2008.
8) "Governments and their infrastructure industries: international differences c.1830-1990: ideology or geo-politics", London School of Economics, Economic History Seminar, January 2008.
R.M. October 2011