Collaborative Research Grants
(1) Transnational lived citizenship: Practices of citizenship as political belonging among emerging diasporas in the Horn of Africa (PI; with Oliver Bakewell as Co-I); GBP 789,731.20; ESRC 2020-2023.
(2) Making Peacekeeping Data Work for the International Coomunity (with Roger Mac Ginty (PI), Bertrand Taithe and Celia Russell); GBP 994,355.40; ESRC 2014-2017.
(3) Humanitarian Relief and Conflict Response in Interdisicplinary and Applied Perspective, ESRC Seminar Series (with Bertrand Taithe (PI), Tim Jacoby and James Thompson); GBP 17,692; ESRC 2009-2011.
(4) Community based systems in HIV treatment (with Sarah Bracking (PI), Phil Woodhous and David Lawson); GBP 129,998; European Commission, 2009-2012
Individual Research Grants
(1) Moving the goalposts of citizenship? German business sector engagement and refugee integration; GBP 8,422; British Academy, 2018-2020.
(2) ‘From Refugee to Pioneer?’ (Re-)claiming Rights and a Future within the Israeli Asylum Regime: A study among the Eritrean community of Tel Aviv; GBP 6,570; British Academy, 2011.
(3) Memories of Paradise. Life journeys of a cohort of young Mozambicans after schooling and vocational training in the former German Democratic Republic; GBP 6,486; Nuffield Foundation, 2008.
(4) Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools as a mitigation tool in HIV/AIDS. A Pilot Study in Mozambique; GBP 7,500; Nuffield Foundation, 2007.
Eritrea, Ethiopia, Sudan, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Senegal, Japan, Vietnam, Nicaragua, Cuba, Israel, Greece, Germany.