I welcome PhD applicants in the following areas:
• Materiality, material culture; clothing and fashion; consumption
• Feminist theory and methodologies; gender performances.
•creative qualitative and interdisciplinary methods and approaches
Current PhD students:
Alexus Davis - Birth expectations amongst Australian Aboriginal Women
Mariana Dias - Homemaking, material culture and belonging for Portuguese women in the UK
Neta Yodovich - Does that make me a bad feminist? Feminism and female fandom.
Jessica Mancuso - Sapphic Space Scarcity: lesbian women's spaces in Manchester
Maisie Tomlinson: Critical anthropo-morphisms and Multi-species ehtnography.
- Matko Krce-Ivancic - Gendering Individuals: women and the trnasition to neo-liberalism in Croatia
- Deborah Giustini -Towards a Sociology of Interpreting
- Irmak Hazir - ‘Culture Consumption and Lifestyle: The Case of Turkish Middle Class’ Awarded 2013.
- Naomi Braithwaite - ‘A Study of Material Agency, Independent Shoe Designers’. Awarded 2012
- Sabine Hielscher (EPSRC funded), ‘Routine Hair Care Practices and Design Responsibility’. Awarded 2010.