Current research interests include:
• Auomation of pattern generation and creating parametric pattern blocks
• Practical applications of body scanning, including classification of size and shape.
• Measurement definitions for clothing development and their purpose in determining pattern/garment dimensions
• Establishing ease requirements in the pattern/garment, especially functional ease.
• Theories of pattern construction and its relationship to the body.
Working from the premise that measurements are the foundations of clothing production, my research investigation primarily concerns relationships between body dimensions and the pattern/garment. My research is focused on how to understand and exploit the underlying numerical nature of this relationship in order to produce better fitting and functioning garments.