I teach on the Bsc (Hons) Speech and Language Therapy pre-qualification programme The programme offers an Integrated Masters route in the optional fourth year. I lead a Master's module on 'Working with Bilingual children and their Families' .
I am Admissions Officer for the programme.
Current BSc (Hons) Speech and Language Therapy Degree Programme Teaching:
Year 1 students:
- HCDI 10200 Clinical & Professional Practice: Speech and Language Therapy in the context of Bilingualism
Year 2 students:
- HCDI 20100 Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics: Clinical Phonetics Teaching; SLCN in the context of Bilingualism; Transgender Voice & Communication change
- HCDI 20321 Developmental Speech & Language Disorders A: Speech Sound Disorders
- HCDI 20200 Clinical and Professional Practice
- Blended Clinic Simulation (Design contributor)
Year 3 students:
- HCDI 30321 Developmental Speech and Language Disorders B: Complex and Severe Speech Sound Disorders
- HCDI30531 Clinical Research 3
- I also provide post-graduate clinical phonetics training and awareness of bilingualism to Teachers of the Deaf.
Year 4 students:
- HCDI HCDI41430 Working with bilingual children and their families
Previous (four year NHS bursery funded programme) teaching:
- HCDI 20/ 30/40 060 Professional and Clinical Studies
- HCDI 20/ 30/40 400 Clinical Practice
- HCDI 20990 Clinical Phonetics
- HCDI 31001 Clinical Linguistics II - Bilingualism
- HCDI 40100 Advanced Study Option
- HCDI 41031 Developmental Language Disorders II - Bilingualism
I was the Lead for Clinical Education, overseeing clinical placements (2014-2018). As part of this role I provided training days for speech and language therapists who provide clinical placement experience as clinical educators in collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University Clinical Lead staff.