Outcrop work drives my research interests. I am interested in using traditional field investigation techniques coupled with remote observation and model building to better understand the processes of sediment transport and deposition. Upscaling of outcrop scale detail provides a mechanism to understand the dynamics of larger scale sedimentary systems.
Summary of research interests:
- Study of sedimentary systems through field and digital surveying techniques
- Use of GIS as a tool for investigating and compiling basin scale field datasets
- Analysis of basin formation and infilling mechanisms
- Sedimentary and sequence stratigraphy
- Clastic sediment transport and depositional systems from fluvial, through to shallow marine systems and specialising in deep-water environments
- Use of field and experimental analogue studies to predict reservoir quality and connectivity in subsurface hydrocarbon systems