I am happy to hear from prospective PhD researchers who are interested in pursuing research with me on topics including:
- Socio-spatial impacts of emerging mobility concepts and smart transportation--autonomous transport, shared-mobility (car-sharing, bike-sharing)
- Smart cities
- Integrated land use and transportation planning
- Travel behaviour (motorized and non-motorized/active modes)
- urbanization and growth management
- multi-level spatial planning and policy integration.
Topics may be explored from the context of urban areas in the Global South or Global North. Research of which the application of GIS and/or computer-based dynamic simulations, system dynamics, machine learning and other quantitative methodologies constitute a significant component is particularly welcome.