I am interested in supervising students in the area of decision-making and uncertainty, new digital technologies and impact on management accounting and control, definitions of notions of value and the future of accounting profession and practices.
I currently supervise three PhD students at the University of Manchester
- Kefei Wu, first year, doing work on IFRS9, future and uncertainty
- Johnny O’Rourke, second year, doing work on private-public partnerships and social impact bonds
- Martin Martinoff, second year, doing work on the future of the Audit profession
And I also supervise two PhD students at the University of Edinburgh:
- Carolina Toczycka, third year, doing work on Digital twins and Major programmes
- Jason Valette, fourth year, doing work on Resilience and management controls