I have studied Chemistry, Philosophy and Theology in Salzburg, Graz, Berlin and New York. In 2004 I joined the department of Religions and Theology at the University of Manchester as a lecturer of Philosophy of Religion.
My research interests are:
Social Ethics, Political Theology, Philosophy of Law and Political Philosophy with an emphasis on Schmittian studies. Further research interests include theories of secularisation and what I have called 'The New Visibility of Religion' (in its legal, sociological and political dimension as well as in popular culture ie. film, art and literature).
Indicative areas of BA, MA and PhD supervision:
- Continental Philosophy of Religion
- Religion and its critics (From Kant to the Contemporary)
- Christian Social Ethics
- Ethics of Decisionism (Schmittian Studies)
- Secularisation theory and new visibility of religion
For further information about research projects and publications, please folow links above.
- RELT 1691* History of Philosophy
- RELT 1091* What is it to be human(e)?
- RELT 1077* Theories of a Good Life
- RELT 2241* Religion and its Critics
- RELT 2111* Problems in the Philosophy of Religion: Evil
- RELT 3027* Religion in Political Philosophy: From Early Modernity to the Contemporary
- RELT 71211 Philosophy of Decision-Making: Ethical and Legal Aspects of Moral Dilemmas
- RELT 61311 Methods for Analysing Religious and Theological Issues