Prof Melissa Anne Denecke
- International expert in the field of speciation of radioactive material on a molecular scale, having nearly 30 years’ experience in X-ray spectroscopy.
- Two decades R&D experience in themes related to the nuclear fuel cycle, notably deep geological disposal of radioactive waste, assessment of contamination legacies, and nuclear waste streams separations.
- Nearly 300 publications listed in Google-Scholar. h-index=41, plus a number of books and journal bands
- Becquerel Medal Award of the Royal Society of Chemistry, Radiochemistry recipient 2016
- Experienced in design, construction, commissioning and operation of advanced X-ray instrumentation for radioactive studies at large scale accelerator facilities.
- Strong international network; fluent in English and German, good French capabilities.
Memberships of committees and professional bodies
- ESRF Review Committee (C11); Mar 2018 -
- Committee for Radioactive Waste Disposal, UK BEIS; Jul 2016-
- Board of Directors member, Sylvia Fedoruk Canadian Centre for Nuclear Innovation; 2016-
- Executive Board member, Women in Nuclear Global; 2014-
- Consel Scientifique de l'Institut de Chimie Séparative de Marcoule; 2012-
- Photon Science Committee (Vice-Chair), Deutsche Elektronen Synchrotron DESY; 2010-
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry; GDCh, “Fachgruppe Nuklearchemie“; American Chemical Society, Division of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology; American Vacuum Society; International XAFS Society; Geochemical Society; Kerntechnische Gesellschaft e.V.; Nuclear Institute; WiN Germany, WiN UK and WiN Global.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Chapter
View all publications (79)
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article