M.A. (1992), Ph.D. (1996), dr.phil. (Higher doctorate) (2008) Copenhagen.
Elected Fellow of the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters (2013)
Assistant/Associate Professor (1996-2007), Copenhagen
- Co-editor of Studies In Pragmatics
- Editorial board: Langue française
- Advisory board: Revue Romane, Pragmatics and Society and Corpora and Language in Use
- Scientific committee: SCOLIA, Discours, and Langages et Interactions
- Occasional reviewer for 25+ journals and publishers, incl.: Journal of French Language Studies, Journal of Pragmatics, Langages, Language Variation and Change, Lingua, Linguistics, De Gruyter Mouton, Elsevier, John Benjamins and OUP.
- Member of evaluation panels for Linguistics, Swedish Research Council (2013-15), Flemish Research Foundation (FWO)(2014-16)
- Member of international advisory committees reviewing the Deaprtment of Nordic Studies and Linguistics and the Nordic Research Institute, University of Copenhagen (2017-18), the Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies, University of Vienna (2014) and the Department of French Studies and Modern Languages, University of Cyprus (2010)
- Member of selection committee (Jury Junior), Institut Universitaire de France (2009)
- Occasional external assessor for research councils and other external funding bodies in Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK
- External assessor of appointments/promotions at Aston, Leeds, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Oxford, Sussex, British Columbia, Copenhagen, Leuven, Ohio, Trondheim, and Wuerzburg.
- Thesis committees at Manchester, London Queen Mary, Swansea, Aix-Marseille 1, Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Tuebingen.