M.A. (1992), Ph.D. (1996), dr.phil. (Higher doctorate) (2008) Copenhagen.
Elected Fellow of the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters (2013)
Assistant/Associate Professor (1996-2007), Copenhagen
- Co-editor of Studies In Pragmatics
- Editorial board: Langue française
- Advisory board: Revue Romane, Pragmatics and Society and Corpora and Language in Use
- Scientific committee: SCOLIA, Discours, and Langages et Interactions
- Occasional reviewer for 25+ journals and publishers, incl.: Journal of French Language Studies, Journal of Pragmatics, Langages, Language Variation and Change, Lingua, Linguistics, De Gruyter Mouton, Elsevier, John Benjamins and OUP.
- Member of evaluation panels for Linguistics, Swedish Research Council (2013-15), Flemish Research Foundation (FWO)(2014-16)
- Member of international advisory committees reviewing the Deaprtment of Nordic Studies and Linguistics and the Nordic Research Institute, University of Copenhagen (2017-18), the Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies, University of Vienna (2014) and the Department of French Studies and Modern Languages, University of Cyprus (2010)
- Member of selection committee (Jury Junior), Institut Universitaire de France (2009)
- Occasional external assessor for research councils and other external funding bodies in Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK
- External assessor of appointments/promotions at Aston, Leeds, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Oxford, Sussex, British Columbia, Copenhagen, Leuven, Ohio, Trondheim, and Wuerzburg.
- Thesis committees at Manchester, London Queen Mary, Swansea, Aix-Marseille 1, Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Tuebingen.
Maj-Britt dot MosegaardHansen at manchester dot ac dot uk
By email only. I am on research leave during the period 1 September 2017 - 31 August 2018 and have no regular office hours.
Recent administrative duties
- Head of Division, Linguistics and English Language (2014-2017)
- Head of Division, Languages and Intercultural Studies (2015-2016)
- Member of the Council of the Philological Society
- Member of the Consultation Board of the International Pragmatics Association (2012-2017)
- Board of external supervisors, Graduate School on "Ambiguity", Eberhard Karls University, Tuebingen, Germany (2013-)
- External examiner in French Studies at the Danish Universities (2002-)
Some recent and future events organized
- Panel on "Cyclicity in Semantic/Pragmatic Change" at 15th International Pragmatics Conference, Belfast, July 2017
- Section on "La sémantique" at 5e Congrès mondial de linguistique française, Tours, July 2016
- (- with Rosina Marquez Reiter) Panel on "(Co-)constructing interpersonally sensitive activities across institutional settings" at the 13th International Pragmatics Conference, Delhi, September 2013