The main focus of our research concerns the preparation and characterisation of colloidal nanoparticles for various applications. e.g.:
- Preparation of colloidal nanoparticles/nanocomposites via controlled radical dispersion or emulsion polymerisation.
- Characterisation of such particles using techniques such as dynamic light scattering, disc centrifuge photosedimentometry, transmission electron microscopy and small-angle X-ray scattering.
- Investigation into the potential applications of these particles (e.g. for biomineralisation studies, medical diagnostics or as functional coatings).
- Deposition of conducting polymers onto various templates.
- Synthesis of polymer brushes.
- Preparation of Pickering emulsions and colloidosomes.
Currently, we have projects ongoing which are based around polymeric materials for corrosion protection, biomedical diagnostics and for enhanced efficiency solar cells.
More details can be found on our group website.