I am not currently accepting any new research students for supervision.
In the past, I have successfully supervised the following research students:
- Nida Kirmani, Questioning 'the Muslim Woman': the narration of multiple identities in Zakir Nagar
- Sabine Scholtz, The Digambara Jainas of South Maharashtra and North Karnataka since the late 19th Century: toward the establishment of a collective religious identity and a Digambara Jaina community
- Ketan Alder, Hindu Nationalist welfare networks and the creation of a Hindu nation in early 21st century Jharkhand
I am currently supervising the following projects:
- Stephanie Dermott, South Asian diasporas and faith-based social action in Greater Manchester
- George Rawlinson, South Asian Islamic movements of revival and reform and the formation of British Muslim identity
I am not currently teaching at the University of Manchester.