I welcome speculative applications from prospective PhD students and am particularly interested in supervising projects on the following topics:
- Climate impacts of aviation and shipping
- Mitigation technologies for aviation and shipping
- Carbon offsetting and carbon markets (inc CORSIA, CDM, Paris Agreement Article 6)
You should also look at my colleagues in the Tyndall Centre https://www.tyndall.manchester.ac.uk/
Please contact whoever's research interests are closest to your own rather than emailing multiple people.
My current PhD students, their topics and funding are:
- James Mason, Analysing the greenhouse gas mitigation potential of optimising the route of wind-assisted ships, EPSRC DTP funded
- Simon Bullock, Shore power for emissions reductions in shipping, Power Networks CDT funded
- Edmund Ireland, Diverse nuclear power in a zero carbon UK, Next Generation Nuclear CDT funded
If you are looking for funding then please see MACE postgraduate funding page.
Remember to click the “+” buttons to drop down the full information and find e.g. country specific funding routes like CSC or CONACyT.