I am an historian of knowledge with a particular focus on:
- the spatial disciplines (architecture, planning and geography);
- architecture and the built environment;
- networks and institutions of knowledge;
- transnational transfers of knowledge.
I am very active in the Research Group on University Histories (see our blog) and the International Planning History Society, of which I am Treasurer.
I hold a hybrid academic-heritage management post. Outside of my research and teaching, I am responsible for:
- Engagement of multiple audiences with the history of the University of Manchester;
- Conservation of the University’s heritage, including the University Collections.
Find out more about the heritage management aspect of my role.