PhDs Supervised to Completion:
- Dominik Schoop: A Model-Theoretic Approach to Mereotopology, PhD. awarded August 1999
- Nick Player: Logics of Ambinguity. PhD. awarded August 2004.
- Allan Third: Logical Analysis of Fragments of Natural Language. PhD. awarded 2006.
- Savas Konur: An Interval Temporal Logic for Real-Time System Specification. PhD. awarded, August, 2008.
- Aled Griffiths: Computational Properties of Spatial Logics in the Real Plane. PhD. awarded November, 2008.
- Adam Trybus: An Axiom System for a Spatial Logic with Convexity. PhD. awarded December, 2011.
- Yavor Nenov: Computability of Euclidean Logics. PhD. awarded December, 2011.
- Georgios Kourtis: Path-Functional Dependencies and the Two-Variable Guarded Fragment with Counting". PhD. awarded February, 2017.
- Reyadh Alluhaibi: Temporal Controlled Natural Language for Formal Specification . PhD. awarded February, 2018.
- Aoade Adeniyi: Controlled Natural Language with Temporal Features. PhD. awarded June, 2018.
- Yegor Guskov: Decidability of Finite Satisfiability of Two-Variable First-Order Logic with Counting and Local Navigation in Unordered Unranked Trees. PhD. awarded June, 2018.
Current PhD Opportunities
Students interested in supervision in any of my active research areas should apply to the School of Computer Science in the normal way, mentioning my name as a possible supervisor on the application form. Informal enquiries may be sent directly to me by email.
- Computational logic
- Logic and geometry
- Logic and natural language