I currently co-supervise a number of PhD students working in various areas of biblical studies, gender and feminist theory, reception criticism and hermeneutics:
- Siobhán Jolley on reimaging Magdalene traditions in visual art
- Anna Budhi on masculinity of the historical Jesus
- Vivian Jones-Johnson on a womanist approach to 1 Cor. 5-7
- Sherry Ashworth on the Book of Esther and nineteenth century novels
- Rachel Miller on victim-blaming in the Hebrew Bible
- Hannah Campbell on the role of daughters in the Hebrew Bible
I welcome enquiries from students interested in pursuing PhD research in the field of Hebrew Bible and am happy to discuss supervising projects involving feminist and gender studies approaches to the Bible and the Bible and its reception (especially visual criticism/Bible and the visual arts).