My current research interest is in the immunogenetics of idiopathic inflammatory myopathy (IIM).
- Further analysis of GWAS and Immunochip data generated from a UK-based and international cohort of IIM patients.
- To facilitate and oversee replication association studies of disease susceptibility signals from GWAS and pan-autoimmune loci
- To facilitate and oversee the identification of potential disease-causal variants within IIM susceptibility genes via genetic re-sequencing and high-throughput genotyping.
- Coordinating a prospective collection of IIM data in the UK (MYOPROSP)
- NHS England registry collection of IIM patients commencing rituximab (MYOACT)
- Novel imaging modalities in IIM
- Use of PROMS to measure disease activity in IIM
- Dissemination of Euromyositis, a European-wide standardised web-based IIM database facility (collaboration)
- To study subclinical atherosclerosis and endothelial dysfunction in IIM
- To facilitate collection of blood and tissue as part of a muscle biobank and UKMYONET, a nationwide UK Clinical Research Network IIM study
- To investigate the interaction of smoking and HLA-DRB1*03 for the development of myositis antibodies in IIM (collaboration)
- To assist in the clinical and genetic phenotypic characterisation of IIM cases with novel autoantibody profiles (collaboration)
- Management of idiopathic inflammatory myopathies: adult patients and professional specialists’ perspectives on current care in the UK (collaboration)