Activities and esteem
Lectures and conference activity (2014-)
Academic invitations received for the presentation of external lectures or departmental seminars
- (2017) ‘El capital y la revolución urbana: A favor de la crítica de la economía política y en contra de su superación espacial’, First International Symposium on Studies in the Critique of Political Economy, Universities of Buenos Aires and Quilmes (Argentina), 14 March.
- (2016) ‘Space, Time and Value’, ESRC SWDTC Workshop: Marx in the Key of Hope, University of Bath, 29 January.
- (2015) ‘Why does space matter?’, International Workshop: Labour in Transition and Urban Transformation, University of Bath, 9 September.
Presentation of seminar and conference papers internationally
- (2016) ‘Inequality and the Social Power of Money’, International Studies Association annual convention (Atlanta, USA), March.
- (2015) ‘From Housing to Productive Gentrification in the Smart City: The New(est) Urban Frontier?’, espais crítics international conference (Barcelona, Spain), September.
- (2014) ‘The Limits to Capital in Spain’, and ‘The Politics of Housing Evictions in Spain’, International Studies Association annual convention (Toronto, Canada), March.
Presentation of conference papers in the UK
- (2019) ‘Digital Capitalism and the Production of Space’, BISA-IPEG Annual Conference (London), May.
- (2017) ‘Urban Democracy in Barcelona’, Annual Historical Materialism Conference (London), November.
- (2014) ‘The Roots of the “New Normal” in Spain’, Annual Historical Materialism Conference, (London), November.
- (2014) ‘The Crisis in Spain: This Time …’, Global Political Economy Research Cluster Seminar, (UoM), October.
- (2014) ‘The Spatiality of Negation’, Conference of Socialist Economists’ Trans-Pennine Working Group, (Manchester), July.
Conference and workshop organisation
- (2020) Organiser UoM-funded workshop on 'Co-working Spaces, Labour and the City' (Manchester), March.
- (2016) Co-convenor of two conference panels on ‘Understanding Global Transformation and Uneven Development’, Historical Materialism annual conference (London), November.