Current research projects:
- Final revision of forthcoming monograph 'Children in Greek Tragedy: Pathos and Potential'. OUP 2018.
- Work on monograph, 'Mythology in Menander'.(Projected 2019).
- Initial research on artificial intelligence in Greek myth and philosophy, papers to be delivered in 2017 at 'Cost of Freedom' conference, Brooklyn, and 'Materiality and Representation' conference, Edinburgh.
- Ancient Drama (esp. Greek Tragedy).
- Reception of Ancient Drama.
- Greek literature (esp. poetry).
- Greek ideas of time.
- Greek and Roman childhood and age categories.
- Ancient gender.
- Myth (including comparative mythology).
Pedagogical Research in the following areas:
Enquiry Based Learning, use of Blackboard VLE, Plagiarism prevention.