Academic journal editorial positions:
- Joint Editor-in-Chief, Accounting and Business Research [CABS 3, ABDC A, SSCI, Taylor & Francis]
- Editor, Journal of International Accounting Research [CABS 2, ABDC A, American Accounting Association]
- Associate Editor, Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics [CABS2, ABDC B, SSCI, Taylor & Francis]
- Associate Editor, British Accounting Review [CABS 3, ABDC A*, SSCI, Elsevier]
- Associate Editor, China Journal of Accounting Research [CABS 2, ABDC B, Elsevier]
- Associate Editor, European Journal of Finance [CABS 3, ABDC A, SSCI, Taylor and Francis]
- Editorial Board, European Accounting Review [CABS 3, ABDC A*, SSCI, Taylor and Francis]
Key academic research publications:
- Edward Lee, Norman Strong, and Zhenmei Zhu, 2014, Did Regulation Fair Disclosure, SOX, and other analyst regulations reduce security mispricing? Journal of Accounting Research 52 (3), 733-774. [CABS 4*, FT Top 50, UT-Dallas Top 24 journal, REF 2021]
- Edward Lee, Martin Walker, and Cheng Zeng, 2014, Do Chinese government subsidies affect firm value? Accounting, Organizations and Society 39 (3), 149-169. [CABS 4*, FT Top 50 journal, REF 2021]
- Hans Christensen, Edward Lee, and Martin Walker, 2009, Do IFRS reconciliations convey information? The effect of debt contracting. Journal of Accounting Research 47 (5), 1167-1199. [CABS 4*, FT Top 50, UT-Dallas Top 24 journal, REF 2014]
- See Publications tab for over 40 other academic publications
- Fudan University, Dept. of Accounting, Shanghai, China
- Stockholm School of Economics, Dept. of Accounting, Stockholm, Sweden
- Director of Postgraduate Research for Accounting and Finance Division, Alliance Manchester Business School, University of Manchester, UK
Selected working papers:
- Jeong-Bon Kim, Edward Lee, Xiaojian Tang, and Junsheng Zhang, 2021, Collusive versus coercive corporate corruption: Evidence from demand-side shocks and supply side disclosures. Working paper.
- Jeong-Bon Kim, Edward Lee, and Zhenmei Zhu, 2021, Does firm-specific stock price crash risk lead to a stimulation or distortion of market information efficiency? Working paper.
- Tuan Ho, Edward Lee, Gerald J. Lobo, and Zhenmei Zhu, 2019, Does financial regulation uncertainty affect the mispricing of bank earnings? Working paper.
- Jenny Cleverton, Christopher Humphrey, and Edward Lee, 2017, Fair values and the global financial crisis: Examining the social construction of fair values in a financial services organization. Working paper.
Other research highlights:
- Best paper award in Financial Management track of British Academy of Management in 2020: Steven X. Chen, Edward Lee, Konstantinos Stathopoulos, 2020. Does corporate social responsibility spending affect strike risk? Evidence from union elections.
- Most downloaded article in European Accounting Review: Hans Christensen, Edward Lee, Martin Walker, and Cheng Zeng, 2015. Incentives or standards: What determines accounting quality changes around IFRS adoption? European Accounting Review 24, 31-61 [CABS 3, REF 2021]
- Best manuscript award from British Accounting and Finance Association in 2015: Edward Lee, Norman Strong, and Zhenmei Zhu, 2014. Did the value premium survive the subprime credit crisis? British Accounting Review 46, 166-178 [CABS 3, REF 2021]
Former doctoral students:
- Hans Christensen, Professor of Accounting, Booth School of Business, University of Chicago, USA
- Zhenmei (Judy) Zhu, Associate Professor, Dept. of Accounting, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Cheng (Colin) Zeng, Assistant Professor, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, China
- Chu Yeong Lim, Associate Professor, Singapore Institute of Techonology, Singapore
- Jirada Petaibanlue, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Accountancy, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Yin Zhu, former visiting researcher, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, Canada
- Jenny Cleverton, M&G Investments, UK
- Ersa Wahyuni, Lecturer, Dept. of Accounting, Padjadjaran University, Indonesia
- Mostafa Harakeh, Assistant Professor, Lebanese American University, Lebanon
- Yangke Liu, Lecturer in Finance, Queen's University Belfast, UK
- Steven Xianglong Chen, Lecturer in Accounting, University of Liverpool, UK
- PhD in Accounting and Finance, University of Manchester, UK