- Editor, Accounting and Business Research [ABS 3 journal]
- Associate Editor, British Accounting Review [ABS 3 journal]
- Associate Editor, China Journal of Accounting Research [ABS 2 journal]
- Associate Editor, European Journal of Finance [ABS 3 journal]
- Editorial Board, European Accounting Review [ABS 3 journal]
- Director of Postgraduate Research for Accounting and Finance Division, Alliance Manchester Business School, University of Manchester, UK
- Dept. of Accounting, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Dept. of Accounting, Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
Key academic publications:
- Edward Lee, Norman Strong, and Zhenmei Zhu, 2014, Did Regulation Fair Disclosure, SOX, and other analyst regulations reduce security mispricing? Journal of Accounting Research 52 (3), 733-774. [ABS 4*, Financial Times Top 50, UT-Dallas Top 24 journal]
- Edward Lee, Martin Walker, and Cheng Zeng, 2014, Do Chinese government subsidies affect firm value? Accounting, Organizations and Society 39 (3), 149-169. [ABS 4*, Financial Times Top 50 journal]
- Hans Christensen, Edward Lee, and Martin Walker, 2009, Do IFRS reconciliations convey information? The effect of debt contracting. Journal of Accounting Research 47 (5), 1167-1199. [ABS 4*, Financial Times Top 50, UT-Dallas Top 24 journal]
Selected working papers:
- Jeong-Bon Kim, Edward Lee, and Zhenmei Zhu, 2018, Does firm-specific stock price crash risk lead to a stimulation or distortion of market information efficiency? Working paper.
- Tuan Ho, Edward Lee, Gerald J. Lobo, and Zhenmei Zhu, 2018. Does financial regulation uncertainty affect the mispricing of bank earnings? Working paper.
- Mostafa Harakeh, Edward Lee, Martin Walker, 2018, Understanding how the effects of conditional conservatism measurement bias vary with the research context. Working paper.
- Jenny Cleverton, Christopher Humphrey, and Edward Lee, 2017, Fair values and the global financial crisis: Examining the social construction of fair values in a financial services organization. Working paper.
Former PhD students and job market placements:
- Hans Christensen, completed 2008, now serving as Professor of Accounting, Booth School of Business, University of Chicago, USA
- Zhenmei (Judy) Zhu, completed 2012, now serving as Associate Professor, Dept. of Accounting, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Cheng (Colin) Zeng, completed 2012, now serving as Lecturer, Alliance Manchester Business School, University of Manchester, UK
- Chu Yeong Lim, completed 2012, now serving as Associate Professor, Singapore Institute of Techonology, Singapore
- Jirada Petaibanlue, completed 2013, now serving as Lecturer, Dept. of Accountancy, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Yin Zhu, completed 2014, former visiting researcher, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, Canada
- Ersa Wahyuni, completed 2015, now serving as Lecturer, Dept. of Accounting, Padjadjaran University, Indonesia
- Mostafa Harakeh, completed 2017, now serving as Assistant Professor, Lebanese American University, Lebanon
- Most downloaded article in European Accounting Review
- Best manuscript award 2015 British Accounting and Finance Association