• An M. Phil was carried out assessing the three bodied wear of posterior composites in Liverpool but was examined for an official degree at the University of Birmingham and awarded on the 6th November 1997.
• A PhD was gained at the University of Birmingham during September 2000 on the topic of testing oral temperatures that materials are subjected to on a daily basis, and the effect this has on the clinical performance of the material.
• QOL in oral oncology patients. This project has involved the development of QOL questionnaires using touch screen technology. This won 2nd Prize in the North West Innovation Awards 2009. It enables a patient to enter data directly and to be co-ordinated with two purpose designed clinical databases that have been produced to correlate clinical information.
• Implant recognition system which was developed jointly by myself and Manchester Computing and came 3rd in the North West Innovation Awards of 2008. It is currently a stand alone web based access database used by over 200 dentists annually.
• Hyperbaric Oxygen to Prevent Osteoradionecrosis of the Irradiated Mandible (HOPON). Registered Contributor to above study.
• EUROPEAN RESEARCH AWARD:
Dentsply Prize 1993, awarded for the best single author presentation at the 17th European Prosthodontic Association meeting held in Milan, Sept 1993.
• BRITISH RESEARCH AWARD:
Schottlander Prize 1995, awarded for the best single author presentation at British Society for the Study of Prosthetic Dentistry meeting held in Dundee, April 1995.
• TC White Travel Fellowship:
Was awarded in 2005 to attend and lecture at the University of British Columbia, Canada on the restorative management of head and neck oncology.