I welcome enquiries from prospective PhD students considering a degree in my area of research interests.
- Julia Ennoka (Manchester) (adoption and fostering)
- Zahra Aliyah (Manchester) (safeguarding youth and PREVENT)
- Hannah Haycox (Manchester) (Refugee policy and resettlement in Britain)
- Karis Campion (Manchester) ‘Making Mixed Race: Time, Place and Identities in Birmingham’
- Ajmal Hussain (Manchester) ‘Muslims in the Metropolis: an ethnographic study of Muslim-making in a 21st Century British City'
- Sebastian Juhnke (Manchester) '"Locating the Creative Class: Diversity and Urban Change in London and Berlin”
- Kjartan Sveinsson (LSE)‘Swimming against the tide: trajectories and experiences of migration of Nigerian doctors in England’
- Sanjiv Lingayah (LSE) ‘Reading Between the Lines: contours of multiculture, nation and race equality in policy discourse across the New Labour period’
- Andreea Torre (LSE) ‘Migrant Lives: a comparative study of work, family and belonging among low wage Romanian migrant workers in Rome and London
- Malcolm James (LSE/ESRC) Migrant youth cultures and conflict in East London
- Victoria Redclift (LSE) ‘Histories of displacement and the creation of political space: Statelessness and citizenship in Bangladesh'
- Helen Kim (LSE) ‘’Desis Doing it Like This’ Diaspora and Spaces of the Asian Music Scene in London’