My major interest is in low vision, which is the uncorrectable visual impairment which results when eye disease cannot be treated by medical or surgical methods, and in particular the effectiveness of rehabilitation in low vision.
Current/recent interests/project include:
- The effectiveness of training to use mobile electronic devices in visual impairment
- Fatigue effects in reading
- Measuring the clinical effectiveness and cost effectiveness of different service delivery models for low vision care
- The use of portable electronic aids for near activities in visual impairment
- Visual and optomertric characteristics in autism
- Falls and accidents in individuals with glaucoma