Prof. Wilson's current research project is entitled "Constructing social values as a political strategy: What are the strategies and mechanism by which the US Christian Right builds political constituencies?". This research includes original empirical research, interviews with Tea Party members and participant observation in over a dozen 'grassroots' gatherings such as the Values Voters Washington Briefing, the National Religious Broadcasters Convention, Exodus International and the Conservative Political Action Committee.
PhD students completing successfully
- Concepts of a liveable life: Frames and policies regulating sex workers in the UK, Dr. Sara Kallock (co-supervised with Francesca Gains), 2015.
- Where Gender and Medicine Meet: Transition Experiences and the NHS', Dr. Ryan Combs (co-supervised with Nick Turnbull), 2010.
- Ethics and the 'Other' in the 'War on Terrorism', Dr. Aggie Hirst, (co-supervised with Maja Zehfuss), ESRC funded, 2010.
- Fukuyama's 'End of History', Dr. Chris Hughes (co-supervised with Alan Hamlin), 2010.
- Gay dads in the UK: rewriting the fatherhood manual?, Dr. Jeremy Davies, ESRC funded 2009.
- The Impact of Internet on the Sexual and Reproductive Health of Early-adolescents in Mauritius, Dr. Ajit Rambarree 2006.
- The Legal Recognition of Same-Sex Relationships: A comparative study of the Netherlands, United Kingdom and Ireland, within the policy framework of the European Union, Dr. Nicola Moran 2002.