I am a professor in the School of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science and a member of the multi-scale modelling group. I have a PhD and am a fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
My career path has been:
- 1980, PhD (University of Cambridge)
- 1980-82, post-doctoral research at Yale University, USA
- 1982 - 83, post-doctoral research at University of Paris Sud, France
- 1983-84, senior scientific officer, RSRE, Malvern.
- 1984 - 92, lecturer, Victoria University of Manchester
- 1992 - 2004, senior lecturer, Chemistry, Victoria University of Manchester
- 2004 - 2009, senior lecturer, Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science.
- 2009 - present, professor, Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science.
My administrative duties are:
- Chair of School Board
- School academic malpractice officer
- Senior mentor