I am an applied Micro Economist specialising in the Economics of Food, Agriculture, Environment and Health. I specialise in survey design and the analysis of associated data - much of this work involves Discrete Choice Experiments and Best Worst Scaling technqiues.
I am an adjunct Professor at the University of Western Australia.
I serve as an Expert Member of the Food Standards Agency's Social Science Advisory Committee and am an External Examiner at SOAS having previously fulfilled that role at Imperial College and York University.
I welcome enquiries from students wishing to develop PhD research on:
- applied microeconomics;
- environmental economics;
- food production, food safety and the economics of foodborne disease;
- choice experiments - design & analysis & use of CE; their use to investigate economic and environmental issues;
- survey design and eliciting preferences;
- (the economics of) plagiarism and contract cheating.
If you have an interest in an such issues, or indeed something else concerning my research areas (which are quite varied) then I am happy to discuss these at an early stage.
- Camilla Knudsen (environmental valuation)
- Keila Meginnis (strategic bias in choice experiments)
- Caroline Vass 2016 (risk perceptions and economic valuation in healthcare)
- Andrea Murray 2014 (political economy of 'ethical' label proliferation)
- Paul Balcombe 2014 (social, economic & technical barriers to microgeneration adoption)
- Caroline Millman 2012 (food risk perceptions and practice)
- Seda Erdem 2010; food safety economics