I am an applied Micro Economist specialising in the Economics of Food, Agriculture, Environment and Health. I specialise in survey design and the analysis of associated data - much of this work involves Discrete Choice Experiments and Best Worst Scaling technqiues.
I am an adjunct Professor at the University of Western Australia.
I serve as an Expert Member of the Food Standards Agency's Social Science Advisory Committee, a member of the Editorial Board of the European Review of Agricultural Economics and am an External Examiner at SOAS having previously fulfilled that role at Imperial College and York University.
I welcome enquiries from students wishing to develop PhD research on:
- environmental, food & agricultural economics;
- food production, food safety and the economics of foodborne disease
- choice experiments - design & analysis & use of CE; their use to investigate economic and environmental issues;
- survey design and eliciting preferences
- (the economics of) plagiarism;
If you have an interest in an such issues, or indeed something else concerning my research areas (which are quite varied) then I am happy to discuss these at an early stage.
- Camilla Knudsen (environmental valuation)
- Keila Meginnis (strategic bias in choice experiments)
- Caroline Vass 2016 (risk perceptions and economic valuation in healthcare)
- Andrea Murray 2014 (political economy of 'ethical' label proliferation)
- Paul Balcombe 2014 (social, economic & technical barriers to microgeneration adoption)
- Caroline Millman 2012 (food risk perceptions and practice)
- Seda Erdem 2010; food safety economics