OverviewContact details:Email: email@example.com | Tel: +44(0)161-306-8652Postal address: 1.57 Rm | Humanities Bridgeford Street Building |The University of Manchester |Oxford Road | Manchester, M13 9PL |
Anupam Nanda is Professor of Urban Economics & Real Estate at the School of Environment, Education & Development, the University of Manchester, UK. He is a member of the Manchester Urban Institute (MUI) and Spatial Policy & Analysis Laboratory.
His academic papers have been published in several top international journals, including Journal of Urban Economics, Energy Economics, Regional Studies, Energy Policy, Real Estate Economics, Applied Linguistics, Review of International Economics, World Economy, Journal of Real Estate Research, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics etc.
His works have been sponsored by both UK and international public and private funding bodies and companies, such as Innovate UK, Research Councils, Real Estate Research Institute (RERI) in USA, UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, UK Dept of Energy and Climate Change, Investment Property Forum (IPF), The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). Anupam has undertaken research projects or supervised doctoral works related to several countries - United States, India, China, Panama, Greece, Cyprus, UAE (Dubai), Malaysia and currently supervising doctoral studies related to EU countries and Ghana.
Previously, he held the position of Professor of Urban Economics and Real Estate, Research Division Lead/Director of Research (for Real Estate and Planning) and Academic Director of the Centre for Intelligent Places at the Henley Business School, University of Reading, UK (January 2010-October 2019). Before joining Henley Business School, he worked with the Market Intelligence group of Deloitte & Touche in Mumbai (April 2008-November 2009), where his focus areas covered real estate and private equity sectors. He was at the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) in Washington DC as Senior Research Economist (April 2006-April 2008), where his responsibilities included developing and implementing housing market research studies and was a member of the team forecasting state and metro area housing markets in US. Anupam has also taught undergraduate Economics and Public Finance at the University of Connecticut.
FRSA - Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. (The Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce)
FRGS - Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society. (The Royal Geographical Society with the Institute of British Geographers)
FRSS – Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society.
FHEA - Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK
Other Professional Membership:
Royal Economic Society;
American Economic Association;
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association;
Urban Economics Association;
- Cornelia Agyenim–Boateng – 2018-21 – Transparency and Real Estate Investment (co-supervisor/University of Reading)
- Adetayo Odunsi – 2018-21- Housing Market in Nigeria (co-supervisor/University of Reading)
- Olayiwola O. Oladiran – 2017-2020- Housing Outcomes and Demographics. (first supervisor/University of Reading)
- Fangchen Zhang – 2015-2019 – Real Estate Investor Behaviour (co-supervisor/University of Reading)
Completed PhD Students:
- Dr Steffen Heinig (PhD completed in 2019) "Essays on Sentiment: An Analysis of the Commercial Real Estate Market" (first supervisor/University of Reading)
- Dr Shuai Shi (PhD completed in 2018) "The Convergence of Geo-Space and Network Space in City Region Development in China: taking the Mid-Yangtze River City Region as an example"; (co-supervisor/University of Reading).
- Dr Linning Zhu (PhD completed in 2016) "House Price Dynamics in Contemporary Urban China"; (co-supervisor/University of Reading)
- Dr Dimitra Kavarnou (PhD completed in 2015) “The Housing Markets of the Greek Islands”; (first supervisor, University of Reading)
- Dr Jia-Huey Yeh (PhD completed in 2015) “Regional House Price Dynamics in Taiwan”; (first supervisor/University of Reading)