I am a NIHR Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for Primary Care. My core research interests are:
- Improving the quality and safety of patient care
- Service delivery and interventions for mental health and psychological disorders in primary care
- Workforce and healthcare staff wellbeing
- Open access and transparency of clinical trials data
- Long-term conditions and multimorbidity
- Interventions for self-harm and suicide prevention
- Digital technology use for health improvement
- Evidence synthesis methodology and epidemiology
I am involved in a portfolio of externally funded studies (e.g., NIHR SPCR/ARC/HTA, MRC, Wellcome, NICE) on the above research topics. I am currently supervising Postdoctoral Research Associates, PhD and MSc students.
I lecture on a quarterly 2-day practical workshop on systematic reviews and meta-analysis for staff and students within the faculty and I teach as part of the 'Pratical Statistics for Population Health' MSc training course for Public Health and Primary Care Research.