My research interests fall into two broad, inter-related themes: the organisation and delivery of health and social care; and the development and implementation of health technologies. I am particularly interested in work relating to gerontology, dementia, and palliative care.
Member of the NIHR Policy Research Unit in Older People & Frailty.
Associate Editor, Health & Social Care in the Community
Member of University Research Ethics Committee
- 2017-2019: Member of the Greater Manchester CLAHRC end-of-life programme team
- 2016 - 2017: Research Associate in the Health Policy, Politics and Organisation (HiPPO) research group (now HOPE), exploring commissioning of health and social care services in England following the Health and Social Care Act 2012.
- 2012 - 2016: PhD exploring the implementation of monitoring technologies in care homes for people with dementia.
- 2012 - 2015: Contributed to FARSEEING, a European Commission-funded project involving 10 partners in 5 EU countries to promote better prediction and prevention of falls and to support older adults with a focus on ICT devices
- 2009 - 2012: Knowledge Transfer Partnership Associate, Newcastle University, on a project implementing and evaluating a video-based intervention within an autism service
- 2008 - 2009: Research Assistant, Newcastle University, on a Department of Health Policy Research Programme investigating NHS mental health workforce changes.