Previous research projects:
- 2014- Research Stimulation Fund: The Institutional Dynamics of Urban Greening: Evaluating the Role of Private Developers in Green Infrastructure Provision.
- 2014- Strategic Investment Fund: Major Infrastructure Planning: Innovative Policy Models.
- 2014- Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC): Review of the Quality of Environmental Statements and Oil Emergency Plans.
- 2010-2011: Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB): Assessing the Impact of a National Planning Framework on the Natural Environment.
- 2010- 2013: European Union (EU) FP7: Developing Smart Technology for Flood Risk Management.
- 2010: Natural England: An Evaluation of Landscape Change within the North West of England.
- 2008-2010: Environment Agency (EA): Developing Approaches for Stakeholder Involvement in Shoreline Management planning using GIS.
- 2009: Provincial Government of Hunan: An Evaluation of the Potential Application of Green Infrastructure Planning to Urban China.
- 2007-2009: Natural England: Assessing the Socio-Economic Benefits of Green Infrastructure Planning, Natural Economy Project.
- 2006: Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulation (DBER): Environmental Performance of the North SEA Oil and Gas Industry.
- 2003: British Council: Developing frameworks for Integrated Coastal Management.
- 2002: Scottish Executive: Scottish Coastal Socio-Economic Scoping Study.